Wednesday, February 28, 2007

After Image

After Image
James Dinsmore

I connected with a sunset,
Like I never did before;
Somehow I saw eternity
Through a briefly open door.

A momentary glimpse of truth,
That left me nearly blind;
I grapple with the afterimage,
That’s burning in my mind.

Bear with my lame description,
Observed through human eyes;
Listen to it quickly,
Before the image dies.

The transience of our lives,
And the eternity of time;
Ceased their conflict for a moment,
And made peace within my mind.

The dazzling white has faded,
Into fragments red and green;
It’s all slipped through my fingers,
The afterimage of what I’ve seen.

In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; then He openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, Job 33:15,16 KJV

No comments: