Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Gray

Gray
James Dinsmore

My youth is passing like the day,
I’m loosing the light that showed the way;
I’m stumbling between the dark and gray,
As adulthood ends the day.

Once issues were black and white,
I had no trouble discerning right;
But my mind’s matured-I see both sides,
And within the gray my doubt resides.

Careful decisions betray my mind,
When harm is done by being kind;
Nothing I choose is good for everyone,
Thus my peace of mind’s undone.

The sun is setting on my youth;
Clarity is fogging and smudging truth;
I’m confused in deep distress,
As adulthood turns to darkness.


Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5,6

No comments: