Wednesday, February 28, 2007

When I was a Child

When I was a Child
James Dinsmore

When I was a child,
It didn’t take much for me to feel neat;
Happiness was plenty of ice cream to eat,
A good time could be found in a box of sand,
And my world was small enough to understand.

Now that I’m a young man:
I’m finding myself generally displeased
With yesterday’s methods of meeting my needs,
I’m dissatisfied with the man I am,
And my world’s getting harder to understand.

Before I become an old man:
I hope that I will find,
The key to hope and peace of mind;
A way to like the man I am,
And a reality that I can understand.


When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:11

No comments: