Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Placebo

Placebo
James Dinsmore

Spare me of the placebo,
And I’ll promise to be brave;
Without the drugs which make no change,
To which I am a slave.

Withhold the paint from ghetto walls,
If the intention is to hide the poor;
What right have we to numb men’s hearts,
From the needy, wanting more?

Remove the script of our leader’s speeches,
And the intimidating lights that blind;
So they must improvise before the public,
And say what’s really on their mind.

If a leader’s love is liberty,
If a doctor’s soul has sympathy,
If my pain is real I’ve got to know,
Spare me of the placebo.



For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. Jeremiah 2:13

No comments: